31st Annual Cardiovascular Interventions
On-Demand Symposium Content
CME/CE Accreditation & Designation
- The 31st Annual Cardiovascular Interventions symposium includes some industry sponsored, non-CME satellite symposia. You will find the non-CME sessions clearly marked in the program linked above. When you choose to engage in the non-CME portions of the symposium, a reminder will post before you continue to the page.
- You must participate in the live online symposium during the livestream November 10-13 in order to be eligible for CME/CE credits! Archived videos will be available after the course concludes, however CME/CE is only available for those who participated live.
- In order to claim a CME/CE certificate after the live online symposium, you will be required to complete an online evaluation. In this evaluation, you will be responsible for reporting the sessions/hours that you participated in and for choosing the type of accreditation you are claiming. Instructions on completing the evaluation are below.
- The only types of accreditation available for this program are listed below. Most types of accreditation calculate hours slightly differently. The amounts listed below indicate the total amount you can earn if you participate in all of the accredited sessions. If you attend only a few, you will be responsible for calculating the time spent in the activity when claiming your certificate via the evaluation.
Fake Container to Close Accordion
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Breakdown of the Accredited Portions of the Symposium
The accredited portions of the symposium are as follows:
*Please note that all sessions on Tuesday, November 10th are sponsored and not accredited for CME/CE.
Wednesday, November 11th
1:30 – 3:45 PM – Live Cases 1 & 2 Session
4:00 – 6:15 PM – Live Cases 3 & 4 Session
6:15 – 7:30 PM – Meet the Experts Session (this session is only accredited for physicians and nurses)
7:30 – 9:00 PM – Great Cases in Interventional Cardiology Session (this session is only accredited for physicians and nurses)
Thursday, November 12th
7:30 – 9:45 AM – Live Cases 5 & 6 Session
10:00 AM – 12:00 PM – Live Cases 7 & 8 Session
1:30 – 3:45 PM – Live Cases 9 & 10 Session
4:00 – 6:15 PM – Live Cases 11 & 12 Session
Friday, November 13th
7:30 – 9:45 AM – Live Cases 13 & 14 Session
10:00 AM – 12:00 PM – Live Cases 15 & 16 Session
1:30 – 3:45 PM – Live Cases 17 & 18 Session
4:00 – 6:15 PM – Live Cases 19 & 20 Session
Promedica International is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Promedica International designates this live activity for a maximum of 25.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider #8495 for 25.5 Contact Hours.
The American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion (ABCP) has approved a total of 27.6 Category 1 CEUs for perfusionists for Wednesday, November 11 (4.8), Thursday, November 12 (11.4), Friday, November 13 (11.4).
Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) Accreditation
CCI does not approve CEUs directly, however CCI will accept CEUs that have already been approved by accredited sponsors of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME). RCIS attendees will claim the physician certificate option when completing the online evaluation and can use that certificate to claim CEUs from CCI. Click for more information from CCI.
Radiologic Technologist (RT) Accreditation
Please note: The ASRT requires that we keep track of RT online participation via login records associated with your username in order to award your certificates.
The “31st Annual Cardiovascular Interventions” symposium has been approved by the ASRT for Category A continuing education credit. Each session is accredited individually, detailed below.
Wednesday, Nov 11 – 1:30-3:45 PM Session (2.5 Category A Credits)
Wednesday, Nov 11 – 4:00-6:15 PM Session (2.5 Category A Credits)
Thursday, Nov 12 – 7:30-9:45 AM Session (2.5 Category A Credits)
Thursday, Nov 12 – 10:00 AM – 12:30 PM Session (3 Category A Credits)
Thursday, Nov 12 – 1:30-3:45 PM Session (2.5 Category A Credits)
Thursday, Nov 12 – 4:00-6:15 PM Session (2.5 Category A Credits)
Friday, Nov 13 – 7:30-9:45 AM Session (2.5 Category A Credits)
Friday, Nov 13 – 10:00 AM-12:30 PM Session (3 Category A Credits)
Friday, Nov 13 – 1:30-3:45 PM Session (2.5 Category A Credits)
Friday, Nov 13 – 4:00-6:15 PM Session (2.5 Category A Credits)
ABIM MOC Points
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 25.5 Medical Knowledge MOC points and Patient Safety MOC credit in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
Please keep in mind the following dates when claiming your MOC points:
Physicians claiming MOC points for their participation in the symposium must complete the online program evaluation by December 18, 2020 in order for the MOC points to count toward any MOC requirements that are due by the end of 2020.
Evaluations received after December 18, 2020 and before March 15, 2021 will continue to be reported to the ABIM and any ABIM Board Certified physician who experienced a negative status change as a direct result of insufficient MOC points will have their status adjusted once the required number of points have been earned. If you need your credits to count for your 2020 record, please be sure to submit your evaluation by December 18, 2020. MOC points will not be available for this course after March 15, 2021.
Radiation Safety Credits for Physicians
This conference will fulfill the Title 17 California Code requirement for 4 CE credits in radiation safety for the clinical uses of fluoroscopy. This statement will appear on the certificate for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™.
How do I claim my certificate after the symposium?
- Visit https://promedicacme.com/ and scroll down
- In the Past CME Symposia section, click “Take Evaluation” by the CI 2020 icon (will appear the evening of 11/13)
- Complete the appropriate program evaluation
- Your CME certificate will be emailed to you within 2 weeks of submission
Please note the following:
*Physicians will also be able to claim ABIM MOC points for 2020 via the online evaluation form through December 18, 2020.
Paul S. Teirstein, MD, DNBPAS, FACC, FSCAI
Scripps Course Co-Directors
Matthew J. Price, MD, FACC, FSCAI
Curtiss T. Stinis, MD, FACC, FSCAI
Promedica International CME
300 Carlsbad Village Dr., Ste 108A-326
Carlsbad, CA 92008